Here is the first of three game-day appetizers I have for you this week that uses my Yogurt Ranch recipe. Click below to view the recipe. This one is one to do ahead of time since after you roll the pinwheels it needs to sit for a few hours at least before you cut them.
NOTE: Before we get into the recipe, and I’ll have this again in the instructions, if you are making these little guys and using the yogurt ranch recipe, omit the 1/3 cup milk of choice. You want it to be thick and then anything else remaining you can thin out later.
Oh! And this is also a great meal prep idea for easy cold lunch with no mess or have a few with some veggies as a prepped snack.
Okay! Onto the recipe!
Black Bean and Yogurt Ranch Pinwheels
- 2 large spinach wrap tortillas
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced, about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini, or you can substitute corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup Yogurt Ranch – without adding the 1/3 cup almond milk. Keep it thick. Link to recipe is above
- add salt if needed
- Mix together all ingredients from black beans to red onion in a medium size bowl. Add in 1/2 cup thick yogurt ranch.
- Taste and see if you think it needs salt. The yogurt ranch recipe already calls for salt so it might not be needed in the bean mixture.
- Take plastic saran wrap that is a little bigger than your tortilla, and lay it on the counter. Top with the spinach tortilla.
- Put 1/2 the mixture on the tortilla, spread it out evenly, leaving some room on the edges. Start rolling the tortilla. Some filling might fall out and that’s fine, add it back to the bowl.
- After it’s tightly rolled, wrap it up with the saran wrap and put in fridge.
- Do the same with the other tortilla. Any leftover filling, eat. : )
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hour if not overnight before cutting. Cut the very ends off. Cut 1 inch pieces. Mine made about 8 pieces each.
- You can put on plate, cover and back in fridge until ready to eat.