This is more of an Italian take on a bean dip, like hummus. It is great as a snack, or as a healthy spread to wraps or sandwiches. It’s also something healthy to take to your next party. Here are some nutrition facts of cannellini beans, or white kidney beans.
Cannellini Beans or White Kidney Beans
1 Cup Cooked Cannellini Beans
- 255 Calories
- 1.1 g Total Fat | Mainly Unsaturated Omega Fats
- 47 g Carbohydrates
- 19 g Fiber | Weight Managements
- 0.7 g Sugar
- 15 g Protein
- 12% RDA for Calcium | For Healthy Bones
- 23% RDA for Iron | For Healthy Blood
- 24% RDA for Magnesium | For Healthy Nervous System & Bones
White Bean, Garlic & Sage Dip
- 1 15 oz can white cannellini beans or white kidney beans OR 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans
- 1/4 cup low fat unsweetened yogurt, I use Kite Hill’s Plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and Pepper, if desired
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Eat cold or warmed with pretzels, vegetables, multi-grain crackers, pita bread, etc. Or save as a spread for wraps and sandwiches.
216 calories | 1.1 g total fat | 0.3 g polyunsaturated fat | 0.2 g monounsaturated fat | 0.5 g saturated fat | 0-2 mg cholesterol | 30 mg sodium (unsalted) | 38 g carbohydrates | 8.8 g fiber | 3.4 g sugar | 14.9 g protein | 13% Vitamin C | 19% Vitamin K | 20% Calcium | 30% Magnesium | 29% Iron | 28% Zinc