One of my favorite salad recipes! Usually dinner is the heaviest meal for me, so I like putting salads with dinner to keep it lighter. This recipe is what I usually put with spicy foods. Anytime I make something with Cajun seasoning, this is what I like to have on the side to cool it off. Not to mention it’s delicious and healthy.
- High in Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and promotes healthy skin
- Aids in Digestion
- High in Minerals
- High in Antioxidants
- Healthy Fats
- Helps Lower Bad Cholesterol
- High Fiber
- Energy Maintenance
- Improves Brain Function
Super Greens with Clementines & Roasted Pecans
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp orange zest, or clementine zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 4 clementines, peeled and in slices
- 8-10 oz. Super Greens (I used swiss chard, spinach, and arugula)
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, olive oil, and dijon mustard. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- If your pecans are not already toasted, heat a small skillet on low without anything but the pecans and let it slowly toast while you constantly move them around so that they don’t burn. Once you start to small the pecans, turn off the heat and throw the toasted pecans in a small bowl to cool off.
- Take your greens, clementines, and cooled toasted pecans, and toss with the dressing. Serve immediately!
234 calories | 20 g fat | 5 g polyunsaturated <1 g omega 3, 4.5 g omega 6 | 12 g monounsaturated | 2 g saturated | 0 g trans | 0 mg cholesterol | 63 mg sodium | 14 g carbohydrates | 4 g fiber | 8 g total sugar | 4 g protein | 68% vitamin C | 206% vitamin A | 278% vitamin K | 11% iron | 24% magnesium